Last week I shared with you Paris fashion, street style HERE. Here is PART DEUX… Some more random shots of Parisian style.
and of course, Paris wouldn’t be complete with a pair of lovers…
I did my best to snap shots of people without them noticing, and of course in various parts of the city, especially trying to capture Parisians versus tourists (which I clearly looked like because of my constant photo-taking!)
A few observations and conclusions I will say on fashion trends I saw and just general thoughts.
1. As for men…. Colored suede shoes seemed to be hot… red or purple in particular. Red jeans are the new BLUE jeans, too. And, if you’re chilly, (which in Oklahoma, we’re NOT), your sweater around your neck.
2. Women…. Anything goes. Flats, heels, skirts, dresses, pants, jeans, ANYTHING. Not much of bold, colorful prints. Much more a simplistic and understated style. I didn’t see layers of jewelry, arm parties, and lot’s of “stuff”. I haven’t pulled out HAVE of my “extras” I brought with me! … What was so funny was that by the end of the trip, I could spot Americans a mile away!
3. And very very few overweight people, I think mostly because everyone walks everywhere AND they eat very little processed food.
4. Very understated makeup as well. I felt OVER made up with my cosmetics. And I don’t think I’m THAT done up.
5. I also noticed people dressed for comfort and security (with all their crossbody bags).
The BIGGEST observation I made of all: People dress for WHO THEY ARE. I LOVE that. Speaking for myself, I really do try to do that and embrace that, however, the hubs often reminds me of where we live to “conform”, and at the same time I like to have my own unique sense of style without necessarily getting points or stares and being age appropriate, too (as my dear daughter often reminds me!) This is a whole topic in and of itself I’d love to chat about later!
Will send you more love from Europe when I can… wifi can be sketchy at times, and it’s nice being disconnected from the world I must say, however, I bite my lip when I have so much I want to yip about with you!!! You, lovies, are like my silent bffs that allow me to vent my thoughts about all these hopefully purposeful, yet random, thoughts that race through my mind!