For those of you who have been following me, you’ve seen snapshots of my home here there in backgrounds, thru instagram, and from a few posts I’ve shared of things I’m redoing. You can see a few shots of my home HERE , HERE, HERE, HERE, HERE from a few previous posts. Well, get ready for some more. My list is not long, but it’s not short.
See, here’s the dealio.
We built our house 16 years ago, and some things have changed and some have not. Clearly the things that have NOT been updated might need some refreshing, hence the make overs. But, if you notice my styles, I tend to love lots of the same things and gravitate to the same stuff over and over again (not only in home stuff but in lots of things…. say, lip color? lol!!). So, I have lots of little projects going on at once. Here’s the rundown:
- My bathroom shower and floor needs an update. It’s just time. Shower needs it. Enough said. Not tearing out my counters or my tub deck because that travertine is by far my most FAVORITE stone in the house. So I’ve tried to coordinate the new stuff as much as I can w the old. —– On that same note, I can’t part with the window treatment… It was way too expensive back then (like a jillion dollars for the trim and detail for a tiny toilet window) for me to just get rid of it. And when others see it, they say it’s pretty great, so I will keep it.
- I’m still in process with my office…. window treatments just got hung today, but I have some more things to show you… I want to show your the FINAL pics when it’s all done!
- Family room…. ***huge sigh*** MAJOR issues… I wish everyone could just chime in and tell me what to do…. Let’s leave that for it’s own post, shall we? Dealing with “built ins” that were great for those BOX tv’s we used to have.
- Kitchen… ***huge sigh*** backsplash. Changing it. It’s a must. The question is the counters. Do they stay or go? I’m thinking they go, but I must wait till a certain miss M is done getting all of her crafty entreprenueurial issues out of her system to not ruin the new ones (not that these are ruined… I just don’t want any chances of that!). You can see the kitchen backsplash in the video HERE (the video is on the home page of this site.).
hmmmmm…. did I leave anything off?
- Guest bedroom could use a refresher but not a priority with $$$.
- Formal living room (if you want to call it that), could use a refresher with the sofas (more to come with that when you see the family room…. flipped the sofas… long story!)
hmmmmm… now did I cover everything?
- The upstairs playroom looks like a combination of a toy s**thole and a sports memorabilia museum… again, not a priority. Suits the kids fine for kids, tv, xbox, whatever…
I’m out of breath.
Did you catch all of that? Now try to live with the thought of all these “little” things and thoughts going thru my head. I know there are worse problems one can have, but here is my thought on ALL of this…
SUMMARY AND MY POINT:
If we dwell in a place that’s lovely and makes us happy and feels good to us, we have happiness, harmony, and can be more productive in what ever it is we’re doing. Who wants to feel like they’re in a s**thole? Same goes with clothing… Dress lovely to FEEL lovely. (not saying you must spend a fortune on clothes to be beautiful…. another post for this topic because I’m starting to ramble here.) So, if I can do these updates within my budget, I need to. It just sucks that they all seem to be coming at me all at once because my brain is turning to fog!
One gal commented on my staircase needing an update… Honey, if you’re reading, TRUST me…. I wanted something different 16 years ago, and I STILL do! LOL!!! I’ve actually contemplated painting the spindles and handrails…. yet another post…
Ok… enough babble….