This summer has been extremely challenging for me when it comes to food and diet. It’s no secret that I am vertically challenged and this is always an issue for me. It always has been and it always will be. I can gain 5 pounds just by looking at food so it doesn’t take very much for me to gain weight. The hard part is that it shows so easy. Love being a shorty!
You already know that I have been traveling most of the summer and I have been home very little. What that also means is I haven’t been the one in control of a lot of my food choices that have been presented before me. The other thing that I have lacked control in has been temptation and giving in to those yummy bites and wonderful libations all around in all my travels. Fun huh?
But, it was only for a season. This wasn’t planned, and the world isn’t going to end.
So what does this mean? It means I am back in the saddle again and focused on trying to read lose these few pounds I put on these past several weeks. It’s nothing major. I didn’t put on a bazillion pounds, but it’s enough that I’m nipping it in the butt! It’s very doable. And I’m already on my way!
So I’m going to share with you how I am losing the weight, the few pounds that I put on, and regaining my focus.
5 Ways To Get Your Diet Game Back On Track
- Eliminate all bad things from your surroundings. Meaning… Don’t keep snacks, drinks, treats, anything you know that’s a temptation that could cause you to lose your focus “just this once” for “just a bite” around the house and just in your surroundings. Get rid of that shit. Like NOW.
- Surround yourself with a tribe that has similar goals as you. Whatever your method is… Whole 30, Low Carb, Weight Watchers, Gluten-Free, what ever it is that your plan is that you are on, find others that you can lean on so that you can chatter and get ideas and support and encouragement. You can easily find them on Facebook as specific groups. What I love about this is that if they’re strangers, there’s no personal game in here other than just taking care of YOU and nurturing you. Not the anonymity of it, but sometimes our family and friends make it even harder. The strangers in the group have no personal issues with you bettering you vs people you know who have this envy, jealousy, and their goals aren’t in alignment with yours. It’s hard to “diet” with someone you live with who has no desire to lose any weight and can eat anything they want. Make sense? Also…. if you HAVEN’T joined MY tribe, The OP Lounge, it’s just that… a fun, easy going, inspiring LOUNGE and we talk about EVERYTHING. Diet included. If you want to chat about it there, it’s a #judgementfreezone!
- Put each meal and bite into perspective. As you go past that candy dish and are about to scoop up a hand full of M&M’s, ask yourself if it’s worth it. Is it? Really???? At our last show in Atlanta, out booth was perfectly lined up across from the bar which not only had beverages but snacks and a wall full of candy. ALL DAY LONG. The first few days I wasn’t thinking at all and did some serious mindless eating. Towards the end, I got a grip and kept the snacking to a TOTAL minimum. I had to use some self-talk and put each bite into perspective. It wasn’t worth it.
- Fix yourself up. That’s right. FIX YOU UP! Sometimes when we feel bad about ourselves we go into this downward spiral of schlepping around in sweats, no makeup, bad hair, and do nothing for us. Snap out of it. NOW. The sooner you primp, the sooner you’ll feel a boost of self esteem, the sooner you’ll walk a little taller, and that will force you to carry yourself in a better way. Meaning, not couch potato-ish. Meaning, you’ll pay more attention to SELF and all those other things in 1, 2 and 3. Make sense?
- Remind yourself of how great you feel when you are at that place that you want to be with your health and diet goals. GET BACK to that feeling. Even if that means plastering pictures of yourself everywhere so you can remind yourself of what you USED to look like and feel like. Keep those memories close to you as a reminder. That FEELING is irreplaceable.
One more thing I’ll have to say. You still must enjoy life! So if you DO mess up for a meal or two, it’s not the end of the world. Part of that TRIBE I talked about in #2 will help with that. We get back up in the saddle the next day and regain our focus. It’s ok!
This is a tasty drink that is low carb that one of my gal pals posted in one of my groups I’m in… I thought I’d died and went to heaven! First, it’s pink. Second, it has WHAT? HEAVY WHIPPING CREAM? That’s what I said. Even the barista was like, “Ok SERIOUSLY THIS IS THE COOLEST”.
So what is this Starbucks Pink Drink?
- Passion Fruit Tea
- Heavy Whipping Cream
- Sugar Free Vanilla sweetener
TO DIE FOR! Bonus… It’s PRETTY, it’s pink and it’s LOW CARB!
Here’s the barista’s reaction!
You can see these on my Instagram and of course other fun things on my stories and LIVEs as well.
For more of my tips on designing your best life, check out my audio series, Owning Your Head and Heart Space.