If you don’t know what Sonic is, you don’t know what you’re missing. Why? Well, it’s a super cool fast-food place that has car hops and drive up stations. Everything is made to order. Amazing fountain drinks. And a reputation for THE BEST “rabbit turd” ice around! And yes, I’m talking about a fast food place. And a great fun place to bump into friends like I did today. I bumped into Berna when I popped into Sonic and we mentioned something about shopping addictions and “hoarding” as my husband is now calling me as I needed to get that Lingerie Chest to store all the stuff I can’t get rid of, and this blog and she said, “do you ever run out of things to talk about?” I replied “MEEEE?????” lol!! SO fun today girlie! …. anyways, back to matters at hand, which brings me to TODAY’s inspiration… So it’s not fast food I’m going to tell you about. It’s WATER. Water? H2O? Agua? YUP! Water. My FAVORITE DRINK EVER is at Sonic… “Hi, I’d like a Route 44 Ice Water with lemons and limes please.”
I made this transition when I was addicted to their Diet Dr. Peppers, and then my daughter kept reminding me how BLACK my liver was going to turn from the soda. Not to say I don’t indulge every so often, but for the most part I HEART my Route 44 Ice Water with lemons and limes. It’s yummy, refreshing AND good for you. Why is this drink SO good for you?
1. It quenches your thirst. Think about it… it’s WATER. It’s the BEST thirst quencher.
2. It suppresses your appetite. Hello…. I need that ALWAYS! I LOVE food and LOVE to eat. So BRING THAT ON!
3. It cleanses your system, is good for your liver, and aids in digestion, helps with heartburn and indigestion.
4. It aids in skin care because it is a natural pure source of vitamin C, which helps with anti-aging. Hello, PLEASE wanna look young!
5. It has antioxidants which help build your immune system and fight off free radicals.
6. It can cure constipation. That deserves a smiley face, right??
So here are just a few things that make me LOVE going to a fast food place to get my healthy drink fix on when I’m running around. Who would have thought, right? Not many fast food places stick in FRESH REAL lemons and limes into their waters. So if you’re out and about, and you need to quench your thirst, and you’re trying to make smart choices, get your rabbit turd ice water w lemons and limes!
I can’t believe someone else is on the “route 44 ice water with lemon and lime”!!LOL I love it. I was going to start a facebook public page about my transition from fruity soda drinks and the like to water when I typed in my head line in google I found your site!!!