Yes, I said that. Ain’t nothing wrong with that.
You’ve never scoped before, right?
You’re not alone. There’s help.
…. hahahahah… does that sound like a commercial? I crack myself up!
Ok, but seriously, I dedicate this scope to Kristen x 2 (or we can say Kristen squared, for my two new gal pals on a recent scope of mine) who have never scoped, and are nervous.
You’re not alone. This post is for you.
In fact, Periscope has only been out LESS than a year. Trust me. You’re DEFINITELY not alone.
So let’s walk through this together. It’s pretty simple and I want to help take the pain out of it for you.
Let’s answer a few questions.
- Do you want to scope because everyone’s doing it? Are you trying to grow a business? Or are you just curious?
- Are you afraid of being public? Being on camera? What to say? How to even begin?
Here are my thoughts for you. Determine what you want to accomplish.
- The thrill of just being public? Just DO it then. Who cares! It’s not like everyone you know from Johnnies baseball team will be watching! It’s PERISCOPE. It’s new, not like Facebook. So just get on and do it.
- Do you want to promote a business? Your business? Make a list of things you are confident and comfortable talking about, and DO it. That’s the most important thing. If you know the topic you’re scoping about, then it will be a piece of cake. Don’t try to scope about something unfamiliar to you or something you’re not knowledgable on.
- Do you just want to be on just to be on? Not for thrills, but just to be social? Perfect! Then join a group like ours below (#FebruaryScopers scope a day challenge), join a group of supportive people and have a sense of community. We give you a topic a day to scope about. And once you get comfortable, you’ll want to scope about other things you have interests in! Refer to #2! 🙂
One thing is for certain. You’ll NEVER know unless you try! And I will say, it isn’t for everyone. You might try it and absolutely hate it. And then you might try it and find it’s just your thing. But until you try it, you’ll never know.
Why do I love it? Well, I’ll say this. People get to know the REAL me. The girl BEHIND the blog, behind the Instagram and Facebook and Pinterest and Twitter. And to be quite honest, I’m really half introvert, half extrovert. So the times I’m really quiet and internal and to myself, my mood isn’t totally turned on to scoping, but I do take advantage of the times I’m feeling alive and vivacious and social. And that’s ok. Make it work for YOU! But I will say this. Sometimes the most random, impromptu spontaneous scopes have been some of the most fun, most engaging scopes I’ve had.
So those are my two cents on the whole Periscope thing.
Now, if you’re not following me on Periscope, you don’t know what you’re missing. (ha!)
Yes, I laugh lots, I’ve cried several times, I’ve cooked, I’ve danced a bit, I don’t sing… (thank goodness for your ears!). I talk about stuff that you can use in your business, in your everyday lives. I connect people who are even ON my scopes and try to bring people together and almost “network” for them. That’s just how I roll. I’m real. That’s what you’ll get when you see me on Periscope.
If you watch my scopes, feel free to follow me, tap on the little guy and give me some love (we call it hearts!), and even share it with your followers. That’s the biggest compliment!
Here’s that daily challenge I mentioned.
Who’s going to be on my next scope so we can chat? Are you ready to Periscope yourself? Comment below! I’d love to hear your thoughts!