I think most women can agree we love it when we have two things goin on for us when we get ready for the day:
- Great Hair
- Great Makeup
Well, today I’m talking makeup, and I’m getting into a new eye thing I wanted to share with you makeup lovers. Not sure if it’s THAT new, but I find it a refreshing look especially with spring just around the corner.
White eyeliner. WHA??? Yes. White eyeliner. I actually bought mine in Greece last year at The Body Shop because my daughter wanted me to get bright lipstick (which I did NOT like on myself AT ALL), and because it looked interesting, and because it was something I didn’t have and needed more s**t in my bag, right? Well, long story short, I’ve experimented with it and LOVE it. There are other awesome brands out there, but this was my first go at it and, for a first time worked fine for me.
I’m not an expert photographer, and without me looking weirdishly freaky at you, especially close ups on the face especially of the eyes, here are the steps that I hope make a little bit of sense to you…
- Light shadow on the base part of my eye
- Darker shadow in the crease of my eye from the outside moving inward
- Line the upper lid with black liner
- Line the bottom water-line with the white liner
- Line the inner crease in the corner of the eye with the white eyeliner
- Urban Decay Naked 2 (TODAY on SALE 20% off!)
- L’Oreal Infallible Liquid Liner
- Lancome Hypnose Drama Mascara (TODAY on SALE 20% off!)
- The Body Shop in Moonstone (colors in Europe not on the US website, sorry!)
It’s not a HUGE difference that when you see me with it you’ll say OMG LOOOOOOK AT THAT WHITE EYELINER, but it’s a bit of a slight brightness and pop that it adds to the eyes and face. Like a “highlighter” for the eyes in a way.
I hope you get the picture of how I did my eye. I think this is the hardest thing to capture on film, with lighting playing a huge roll in it. What YOU see here vs seeing in person can’t capture it as well as I wish you could see it, but I hope you get a bit of the picture of it!
Would you try white eyeliner?