Sharing almonds with you today…
I’ve been quite busy lately. And I know I’m not the only one. (ya ya ya… I know… we’re all just SOOOOOOOOO busy right??? lol) Well, there has been a time or two that I’ve found myself starving from running around, losing track of time in all the different things I’m doing that I’m STARVING. Not only that, if you’re at a place that you can’t get away to get a mid-day snack (like I was in my daughter‘s booth this past week), then having some almonds handy makes a PERFECT snack!
So, almonds.. on the go… be prepared.. have a snack with you… Throw em in a baggie, buy the pre-made packets, but there’s no excuse for not being prepared. And here’s why they make a super great choice.
1. They give you a healthy heart, helping prevent heart attacks, lowering bad cholesterol, and protecting your arteries, and reducing your risk for heart disease.
2. They give you a healthy brain, helping boost brain and intellectual activity and may also aid reducing the risk of Alzheimer’s disease.
3. They help build strong bones and teeth.
4. They lower the rise in blood sugar after meals.
5. They aid in weight loss (hooray!).
(I am not a nutritionist by any means. But I’ve done some homework, and this info and more can be found HERE.)
So there you have it. A simple snack that is filling, has healthy fat, has protein, is easy to have on the go, and does a body good at the same time.