I don’t make complicated drinks too often because I don’t have time for complicated things in life.
I mean, really, who does? Not me!
So as I’ve been hearing about the latest rage in the cocktail world, the Frose’, which is fancy for Frozen Rose’, I was like well…. I don’t have a slushy machine that the restaurants have…. I don’t have an ice cream machine because it was one of those gadgets I didn’t think I’d ever use… But it turns out it’s not complicated at all because I DO have a FREEZER. Brilliant, right? And a blender, too. So with a little bit of prep in advance (like throwing the wine in the freezer in a glass dish) and making a syrup, (which takes NO time at all), this truly fun, summer “fancy” sounding drink isn’t complicated at all!
WHOO HOO! Bring on the Frose’!
- 1 750 ml bottle hearty, bold rosé
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 8 ounces strawberries, hulled, quartered
- Juice from one lemon
- The night before you plan to make this (or at least a few hours before), pour the rosé into a largish glass dish and place it in the freezer. It won’t freeze completely because of the alcohol in it, but it will turn into a very delicious, boozy slush.
- Pour the sugar into a small saucepan and add half a cup of water. Heat, stirring constantly, until the sugar dissolves. Add the strawberries and let sit until it infuses, about 30 min. Then strain out the liquid. Put the strawberries aside for another use.
- Remove the frozen rosé from freezer and scrape it into a blender. Add the strawberry simple syrup you made, and the lemon juice. Pulse until smooth, and drink immediately.
So what do you think? Fun AND fancy and fresh and momma’s slushy! I’ll drink to that!
Seriously… Lack of complication is SO what we need in life. I feel like I’m constantly being tested, with life balance, kids growing, work and passion, and wanting to be everything all the time and everywhere because I’m passionate about it all. We need to keep things as simple as can be. Agree?
What is something we can toast to you about this week?