For me to say WHAT a week? is an understatement…. A recap of the last 7 days… and I’m outa breath, so HERE. WE. GO.
1. Take a look what happened to me…
JACKPOT! … enough said!
2. An AMAZING networking luncheon took place this week. I got to meet some WONDERFUL new women, and all I can say is I’m so so so so so so blessed. I was too busy hustling around to take pics of them, but before they all showed up, I did snap a shot of the spread of delights…
3. This lil guy won a fun award at the Pinewood Derby….
Now… lemme have a little mini vent for a minute. I just want to say there is something to be said for teaching our young ones good sportsmanship and respect and thoughtfulness of others and humility. When someone is winning OVER and OVER again, all these races, and is jumping and shouting and going nuts EACH and EVERY time (kinda like when one team is kicking another team’s ass in a major sport), it’s almost like rubbing it in the other’s face when the winner is so boastful. You could see all the other boys faces crumble as the afternoon passed. It made me sad. Very sad actually. My son was one of those crumbling boys. But he bounced back to the sweetheart that he is and let it go after time had passed. … You know that jackpot I won above? I barely made a peep about it when it was happening….. you know why??? Because I don’t know how much the person beside me could have been losing all night. I didn’t want to shout and hoot and hollar and make the guy beside me feel bad. Anyways, kinda random, but a life lesson for sure.
4. We are finally seeing the fruits of labor of this young woman….
Ok… this young lady is with her business manager. She’ll get a feature post next week, along with a GIVEAWAY!…. YUP… the G word. So you gotta stay tuned, ok? … She actually said to me today with tears in her eyes, “Mom, THIS IS MY BABY!” If you’re curious, take a look HERE.
5. Finally, I must say I saved the best for last. More than any money in the world can buy, my baby in the family, sweet LOVING, tenderhearted son turns 9.
Here he is at 15 months old (all of his younger pics are on not on this computer otherwise I’d show you BABY baby pics).
Happppppppy Birthday to one of the BIGGEST loves in my life. You have always been the most tender, loving, kind, sensitive sweet boy imaginable. I swear, if there were pictures in the dictionary, your picture would be beside the word SWEETHEART. Please, DON’T GROW UP. Stay like this forever, ok? Pretty please? with sugar on top? For me??? I love you from here to the moon and back, 10,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 times.
Ok…. sorry… I got carried away… I guess you can tell my blog can be a personal vent, and here I am typing away to my son. Anyways, what a week it has been, and next week promises to be very full as well. Sending all of you big huge smooches for the weekend!
Leave a Reply