When it comes to living rooms, there are a few anchors and then a few centerpieces. I consider coffee tables the centerpiece to the room. It’s usually where the everyone gathers around to hang out, watch tv, lounge, and live. And being that I love things that are unique and out of the ordinary, I picked out some vintage coffee tables from Chairish for you to see I found interesting that had great style and character.
But first, I wanted to share my five essential elements of coffee table styling.
- Mix textures. Earthy, nature, green, sleek, mirror, gold. Mix it up. It makes it more interesting.
- Add greenery. If your greenery can be fresh, even better, but if not, find a great artificial plant. Succulents are great and low to not deter the view from those gathered around the table or to distract the view of a tv as well. Or if that’s not an issues, orchids make a perfect plant.
- Books. Add some books that reflect your interests.
- Include things that have a bit of function. Coasters are a great thing to protect the table from marking from drinking glasses. Beautiful and aromatic candles always add to the ambiance with their light and scent. A decorative box perhaps to contain your remote controls, a notepad and pen if you want to have handy, yet hidden.
- Make it yours. Include things that are unique that you love. Whether from travels or special finds from special boutiques or a vintage heirloom, include items that are special to you.
Some vintage coffee tables from Chairish I’m loving that are unique and something a bit less common….
Aren’t these so fun and interesting? I love that they’re not what you’d find in any ordinary furniture store. The ways these can fit into a living room are endless!
And what to put on them? Here are a few ideas, all within a very smart budget, too!
Do you incorporate any of these elements on your coffee table now?