The holidays are officially kicked off full speed ahead. School is out for the kiddos. And the week of events, festivities, relaxing some, busy some begins.
Here’s what I’m planning on doing:
1. I’ll be enjoying family traditions. Several of them. Some that we are never planning on growing out of… some that brings lifelong friends and generations together. All of them BEST.TIMES.EVER.
2. I am wanting to be a bit more of a domestic goddess. I have some things I want to cook up, both for the family as well as for guests, and that means I’ll be serving up some of those goodies for you to make later, too.
3. My home has been neglected and I need to give it some TLC. My laundry room is a tornado it’s pathetic, and I’m actually excited to organize some s**t drawers that are driving me nuts. In fact today I bought some things to help….
… I need to do some finishing touches on that living room that I had painted. It’s like we did that, and then I stopped. More things are left to be done. Not many, but still, there are a few things to complete the room. To be quite honest, the list is endless of what I need to play catch up on and organize in the house but I have let go for that “Perfect” syndrome. Sometimes you just gotta let go.
4. I’m getting a little bit ahead and planning for the new year and what’s in store for you here on the blog.
5. You hear me say I wear many hats, and you’ve also heard me say there’s something I’ve been working on. So for those of you who know I’m also a momager to a teen entrepreneur, her business is Honestly Margo. Well, we’re venturing out to market in Atlanta the first part of January, and December has been lots of preparation for that.
So, now is my time to also get any last minute things for that done. See? #iwearmanyhats.
6. Spending time with the two humans I helped bring into the world.
Because I only get one shot at this thing called parenting and being a mom.
So all that being said, I’m taking a mini holiday break, HOWEVER, don’t be surprised if you see a blog post pop up here or there. I’m not taking a holiday BREAK break. I’m just not going to commit to my daily writing here because of all the other things I have going on. I want to be OP #onpurpose for those things that I want to do and be. Especially now during the holidays. That I have more free time to get s**t done, and spend time with my babies.
Those are my quickie goals. You can still follow lots of what I’m doing and things I’m On Purpose about on Instagram. And if you love what I share, feel free to regram me or even tag a friend to check it out. It’s an easy way for me to share what I love that takes little time… AND I’m a highly visual person, hence why I love it so much. (That and Pinterest!)
Enjoy your holidays, which ever way is the most purposeful for you and your family and what’s going on in your life. It doesn’t look the same for everyone, and it shouldn’t, and it probably doesn’t look the same year after year. But whatever it is for you, do it. Chill out. Travel. Cook. Work harder and get ahead. Spend time with family. Catch up on what you need to catch up on. Do it. Be OP in your life this holiday season.
I love you for following me and letting me into your lives. It’s my hope that I inspire you in some way to live a more On Purpose and intentional life.
Sending you smooches! (some mistletoe from my foyer…. )