The first thing I said when I saw this was OH MY GOD. Like in valley girl voice. No recipe. Just an image on instagram from my friend Mindy, and I was swept away. Not because I’m a s’mores lover, but I know my kids love em and really, I don’t know too many people who don’t. So, that Greek way of cooking in me, I just figured it out (which isn’t rocket science) and got the three things and put it together. Make sure to read below for my after thoughts….
Baked S’mores Dip
- Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- Large marshmallows
- Graham Crackers
In a large baking dish, lay the chips across the bottom. Top with marshmallows. Place in heated oven 350 for about 15 minutes, keeping an eye on the marshmallows to not get too brown. Dip it with the graham crackers.
Now for the side notes:
- It hardens kinda fast, so if you’re making a bigger batch, have some heated plate of some sort to keep it warm from beneath. Especially if it’s for a large crowd. Just my thought?
- Make it in small batches if needed… even a single serve in a small dish thats oven safe. All of this wasn’t needed for my family. Really it’s so rich, that I could barely take more than a bite.
- If you can put it in a disposable foil pan, even better for the clean up… there is none!
- Consider using a spoon to serve it with or spoon it onto your graham cracker. My crackers kinda cracked when I tried, it’s THAT thick. Just me.
- FINALLY…. ok this might sound TOTALLY weird…. BUT….. I had some leftover potato chips here, so I decided to experiment! … I mean they DO make chocolate covered potato chips right? (wink). So I spooned some onto a chip…. OMG I think I died and went to heaven!! Ok… again one bite was sufficient but STILL!
You be the judge! You might have seen it on pinterest, and we sometimes pin stuff that we never try, so I thought let’s give this one a shot, especially since we’re going to be hitting the cooler temperatures soon.
So there you go folks! Easy peasy!
sorry i opened the site. Looks delicious and so easy. Maybe add some walnuts and caramel?