Today happens to be a very special day. For a couple of reasons.
First…. It’s national CAT day!
and I happen to have one SPECIAL Angel….
Some interesting facts on cats…
- Cats make about 100 different sounds. Dogs make only about 10.
- A cat has no collarbone, so it can fit through any opening the size of its head.
- Cats are North America’s most popular pets: there are 73 million cats compared to 63 million dogs.
- Cats don’t have sweat glands over their bodies like humans do. Instead, they sweat only through their paws.
- A cat can jump up to five times its own height in a single bound.
- Only domestic cats hold their tails straight up while walking. Wild cats hold their tails horizontally or tucked between their legs while walking.
- Black cat superstitions are as American as apple pie. In Asia and England, black cats are considered lucky.
- A cat cannot see directly under its nose.
- A cat’s tongue consists of small “hooks,” which come in handy when tearing up food.
- Americans spend more annually on cat food than on baby food.
The second reason why it’s special… My little girl turns 13 today!!!
I love you Psi Psi -na mou! I couldn’t be more proud of a mom. Never in my wildest dreams did I expect God to bless me a child like you!
(Psi-Psi-na mou in Greek means my little kitty…. which is a nickname I call her. Pretty great considering today is National Cat Day!)