A few weeks ago, I shared my family room makeover. Remember it HERE?
Well, today I thought I’d go a bit deeper and share some of my tips in decorating so you can create a curated space just for you. We might not all be able to hire an interior designer, but I’m going to share with you some tips so you can decorate your home like a designer.
So here are some of my tips on how to decorate your home like a designer:
- Mix your textures.
- Mix your colors, unless you’re going for a monochromatic look.
- Less can be more. Don’t feel the need to clutter things.
- Include natural elements (wood, geode, greenery, natural stone).
- Use items that can be functional (boxes to contain remote control, readers, a small notepad and pen, etc.
- Mix pillows.
- Choose interesting and unusual pieces of furniture. (ex: a curved sectional)
- You can never go wrong with white.
- Sprinkle in some gold.
- Mirror mirror, not just for the wall. Mirrored elements are always a great touch.
- Aquire pieces as you find them vs buying them pre-made in “sets”.
- Mix old with new.
- Make it YOU.
Here are a few living rooms that I pulled from my Pinterest board that show some of my tips…
Shop some of my style (a round up of accessories I’d buy now, at a price that’s affordable!):