As the holidays have arrived, we will find lots of our time in the kitchen cooking up yummy healthy goodness for our friends and family and decorating our homes, making use of all things we have around us to make our lives easier. At least that’s what I try to do and share with you! So I always have my necessary ingredients on hand for those days. And I always use the best ingredients that are wholesome in all of my cooking.
You always need heavy cream and half and half for things like mashed potatoes, coffee. Give me all that rich sour cream for creamy dips that people come back for again and again. And butter is a must for my turkey, mashed potatoes, and of course all those desserts that we can’t resist!
Great wholesome dairy products from Hiland are in everything I make. Hiland is my top choice in all my dairy needs. From milk, to shredded cheeses, to sour cream, even ice cream, you’ll always find Hiland in my refrigerator. My Thanksgiving feast had Hiland dairy everywhere. from my turkey, to my stuffing, to my dessert.
And Hiland dairy played a huge role in my artichoke dip. It’s so easy and incredibly good!
Creamy Artichoke Dip
- 3 cans artichokes
- 8 oz container Hiland sour cream
- 16 oz mayonnaise
- 8 oz parmesan cheese
- 2 cloves fresh garlic
- sprinkle of dill
Chop the artichokes well, but not too fine to leave a few small chunks in the for the dip. In a bowl, mix all the ingredients well with the artichokes. Pour into your glass baking dish that you’ll serve it in. Bake at 350 for 30-40 minutes until golden. Serve with table water crackers.
When you’re done with your container of sour cream, don’t throw it away. You can do a few things with it.
- Save it for repurposing for leftovers. It’s a great size when you have just a little bit of something left but you don’t need a huge container.
- If you’re hosting guests and want to send a few things home with them, it’s the perfect size for smaller portions of the food instead of a really large container OR if you’re keeping different foods separate, like the gravy in one container, mashed potatoes in another.
- Get crafty!
So what do I mean by getting crafty? I have a few ideas for you!
- These containers are the perfect size to use to store extra little things in. For me and my style, I prefer sprinkles of GOLD (in case you didn’t know that already about me!) I love DUCK tape and we always have lots of fun patterns around here. Simply wrap up your container in DUCK tape and you have a little storage bowl for whatever your knick-knacks are. So for me, in my kitchen, I’m always needing a place for extra hair ties or clippies from my hair I mess with. I always need little bowls to put my watch and bracelets and rings in. It’s perfect beside the sink. You can do fun tape prints and use them for your kids extras…. if you find random Lego pieces all over the place, or if you want a place for them to put their crayons. You can use a little storage bowl like that in so many ways!
- Another way for you to get crafty with them is to save the containers for when your kids paint. This is for all my mommy readers out there. I used to do this when mine were little. Our kids always need little bowls with water to dip their paint brushes in when they change colors and are doing painting projects. This is the perfect type of bowl for them to use and you can toss it when they’re done! I used to sit my kids at the kitchen table with large pieces of paper, their paints, and small Hiland empty containers for their water dipping. It was perfect, and those are such fond memories for me.
So there you have it. Hosting during the holidays doesn’t have to be stressful. Cooking can be simple, especially with wholesome ingredients, and leftovers will always be a cinch with these tip
Go to Hiland Dairy to sign up for the Holiday email series featuring tips, recipes, crafts and coupons for your holiday hosting/planning. By signing up you’ll be entered to win a KitchenAid Mixer!
Happy Holiday Hosting! #HilandHolidays