I remember years back reading awesome things about drinking apple cider vinegar and it’s benefits on the body. I remember drinking a teaspoon every morning for a short period of time… mind you VERY short! It could have been 20 years ago that I did that. And it left my brain for some time.
Likewise, I always know and drink on a regular basis lemon water. Lemon is crazy good for detoxing and is all natural.
And upon my mini journey to shed a couple last pounds I’ve seen how spices have a thermogenic effect. The main one I’m speaking of is cayenne pepper.
So put it all together and you’ve got one potent miracle detox drink to help you cleanse, detox, increase your metabolism, and a whole heck of a lot more.
About that apple cider vinegar. Mind you, it has to be the Raw Unfiltered Apple Cider Vinegar “With The Mother”. Ya…. what is “the mother”???? It’s all that cloudy stuff that settles on the bottom of the bottle. That’s where the good stuff is supposedly. And it does a body good. What kinda good? This kinda good:
- The acetic acid which is the active ingredient is an antimicrobial and can kill some types of bacteria.
- It helps reduce blood sugar levels, which improves insulin sensitivity, which is great for people who have diabetes or are prone to diabetes.
- Drinking cider vinegar can help increase feelings of fullness, therefore aiding in weight loss.
- Some studies show drinking cider vinegar helps reduce blood triglycerides, cholesterol and blood pressure.
- Some studies show drinking cider vinegar helps slow the growth of cancer cells and reduce the size of tumors.
Not too bad, huh? Good benefits from that vinegar.
And the cayenne? It can
- curb your appetite
- speed up your metabolism
- help you burn calories
So all that being said, I’ll drink my spicy, tart, mouth puckering cocktail to help me shed a few pounds. So what is this concoction?
Miracle Detox Drink
- 1 tsp cayenne
- juice of 1/2 lemon (approximately… could be a little less)
- 1 Tbs apple cider vinegar
- 12 oz glass of water
Drink it every morning.
That’s it. I feel like it’s help me curb my appetite and shed a few pounds. Of course I’m watching what I’m eating as well and trying my hardest to get in some exercise as much as I can. Considering all the health benefits of this drink, adding it to my diet daily certainly isn’t hurting.
Would you try this drink to help you lose weight? Have you ever tried it? Let’s chat below!