Wardrobe Rooms, dressing rooms, glamour closets, I love to call them BABE CAVES….. whatever you want to call them, our master closet/dressing room I feel like has taken on the main stage in the home in many women’s lives. I don’t recall closets and “dressing rooms” being as big of a deal growing up as they are today. It was only for the “rich and famous” that these feminine caves of wardrobes were such a thing.
So what is one to do if you’re into this kind of thing but really don’t have a huge closet?
Do what so many women are doing nowadays…. turning an extra bedroom into a dressing room.
Take a look at these and we shall discuss….
(images via Domino)
How have they done this?
There are several key elements common to all of these that you can simply and easily incorporate into a spare bedroom for sure:
- Shelving. That’s a must. You can install shelves on a wall, get systems installed (like California Closets or Ikea), or get creative and use furniture pieces like armoires you might have from a bedroom set you’re no longer using.
- Hanging racks. Some of these can come in the form of simple racks you can get, or again, get creative. Use a variety of bars in different ways to use to hang your clothes.
- Seating. If you have the space, you need to have seating. Think about creating a “lovely space” rather than it being only for its function and use. This is YOUR FEMININE BABE CAVE. If the men can have a MAN CAVE, then this is our haven for all of our pretties. So find something that fits in your space. A settee? A love seat? An ottoman? A pair of chairs perhaps with a small table in between! Get creative. It’s YOUR Babe Cave!
- Mirrors. One of my FAVORITE things in the whole wide world. I LOVE mirrors. For one, it always creates the illusion of a larger space. So if you have enough wall space, get a LARGE full length mirror. After all, if you’re getting dressed in your dressing room, you want to see your FULL self to see yourself all put together before you leave the house, right?
- Lighting. Have great lighting. It’s EVERYTHING. If you don’t have natural light, get LED white lights. They make the hugest of difference in the way everything looks. Also, get creative and have fun with your lighting. Have beautiful chandeliers, or a massive drum pendant in the middle, or even glamour lights on a stand in the corner. Utilize the light both for it’s purpose of light as well as the aesthetics of your space.
- Make it YOURS. Put personal touches in your space. Things that make it beautiful and make it YOURS. Use colors that you love. Use things on the walls that you love. Want a vanity in your space? Include it. Love zebra? Make it zebra! Do you like white and fur and crystal like I do? USE it! Make it YOURS. It’s your Babe Cave!
So… want to see a little bit of my babe cave?
Here’s a peek into my dressing room.
HUGEST of shout outs to Kassie Smith with The Kassie Project that turned my cluster of a mess that was one large closet of a mess into a feminine dressing room, with mirrors that I can never get enough of, a shoe tower, and even 2 sitting areas. Once I pick up a few of my things that you CAN’T see, I’ll show you the rest! (wink!)
What do you think about bedroom closets?