If you follow me on Pinterest, you know that my favorite board is Closets. Don’t even get me started how much I love em! Last week I shared some dreamy bedroom closets, spare bedrooms that have been converted to dressing rooms. Remember it HERE? Because let’s face it. Who has an extra 1,000 square feet of closet space? This idea is something many people can do if they have a spare bedroom that they aren’t using as an office or a guest room. (Actually, you can make the bedroom closet have a desk in it, too!) That’s why I love it so much. We’re not the Kardashians or the Vanderpumps. We’re Mr. and Mrs. Jones and Ms. Smith in our first house trying to make it. And that being said, who says we can’t have a touch of that in our own space?
I’m just going to recap a few things I said last week about what you’ll need to create your own bedroom closet.
- Shelving. That’s a must. You can install shelves on a wall, get systems installed (like California Closets or Ikea), or get creative and use furniture pieces like armoires you might have from a bedroom set you’re no longer using.
- Hanging racks. Some of these can come in the form of simple racks you can get, or again, get creative. Use a variety of bars in different ways to use to hang your clothes.
- Seating. If you have the space, you need to have seating. Think about creating a “lovely space” rather than it being only for its function and use. This is YOUR FEMININE BABE CAVE. If the men can have a MAN CAVE, then this is our haven for all of our pretties. So find something that fits in your space. A settee? A love seat? An ottoman? A pair of chairs perhaps with a small table in between! Get creative. It’s YOUR Babe Cave!
- Mirrors. One of my FAVORITE things in the whole wide world. I LOVE mirrors. For one, it always creates the illusion of a larger space. So if you have enough wall space, get a LARGE full length mirror. After all, if you’re getting dressed in your dressing room, you want to see your FULL self to see yourself all put together before you leave the house, right?
- Lighting. Have great lighting. It’s EVERYTHING. If you don’t have natural light, get LED white lights. They make the hugest of difference in the way everything looks. Also, get creative and have fun with your lighting. Have beautiful chandeliers, or a massive drum pendant in the middle, or even glamour lights on a stand in the corner. Utilize the light both for it’s purpose of light as well as the aesthetics of your space.
- Make it YOURS. Put personal touches in your space. Things that make it beautiful and make it YOURS. Use colors that you love. Use things on the walls that you love. Want a vanity in your space? Include it. Love zebra? Make it zebra! Do you like white and fur and crystal like I do? USE it! Make it YOURS. It’s your Babe Cave!
So I did a little shopping for you and pulled some feminine chic elements to help make your dressing room beautiful.
Some things I didn’t include… like racks. Or shelves. But I did include seating, seating with storage, a table to be used as a desk or vanity, a fabulous chandelier that won’t break the bank (I have TWO of these in my mudroom!) and some art.
What do you think? Do you like any of these?