It’s mah burth-day!
Ok so big deal. It’s my birthday. We all have em. But being that even though I’m not as present on The OP Life because I’m spending my time and energy growing Honestly Margo, I’m ON PURPOSE on living On Purpose everyday. Those things I believe and love and am passionate about, I do live it. With that, I was thinking as I was going to bed and I’m yet to be another year older, I wanted to share some thoughts about living a life of intention, and frankly, aging gracefully, beautifully and full of joy. Yes, age is but a number. I most certainly don’t feel “my age”, whatever that’s supposed to me. I feel way younger than I am, and I believe it has to do with these things. This list I’m sharing below I believe has helped me look younger, feel better, and have a positive happy outlook on life.
There are a few things I know for sure, and it’s true. The older we get, the wiser we are. We have life experience under our belt. While there are some seriously smart young ens out there, those of us who have lived life longer have more wisdom to share with those who haven’t made it to our age yet.
So with that, I will keep this short and sweet, and share with you these thoughts I had for all of you. It’s brief and to the point. I won’t elaborate on them. Momma don’t have time for that! They’re straight forward enough that you should get them for what they are. If you don’t, hit me up! And if you love this post, please share this on your social media or with your friends.
Aging gracefully, what I know for sure. This. These are things that once you GET them, they’re game changers. Every single one of them.
- Take care of your skin, early on.
- Eat healthy as much as possible and make smart choices.
- Try not to drink too much.
- Don’t smoke.
- Listen to your body.
- Dress up and put your makeup on.
- Don’t save the expensive stuff for special occasions. Enjoy them often.
- Expensive isn’t always the best. Be smart.
- Certain things are worth the investment.
- Material things are just that: things. They truly are meaningless.
- Listen to music that makes your heart sing.
- Tune out the negative noise.
- Know that there are circumstances you can’t control. And you can’t control others.
- Accept it.
- Let shit go.
- Silence is golden.
- Know that it’s ok to say NO.
- Do things that bring you joy.
- Let others know how much they mean to you.
- Tell them you love them.
- Know that YOU have it all inside you.
- Kindness counts.
- Take selfies.
While some things seem to contradict, they go together. Believe me, and trust me. I know there are more things I could add to this list. It’s not complete. But these were some big ones I felt compelled to share.
It’s not rocket science. It’s not a formula. It’s 4 decades of life experiences, and me feeling SO fulfilled in my life, so much joy, from the inside out, feeling the most beautiful I’ve ever felt, and being ready for what’s to come.
I want the same for you.